Sunday, February 8, 2009

Newsletter ready

The good news is that I got my copy of Adobe InDesign CS4. The bad news is that it ships with 4, yes 4, newsletter templates, and they tend to be designed with large swaths of color and graphics, not good for two reasons.

One, While I do publish as many photos as space permits, it's photos, not color blocks from a "look." Two, the more of that stuff, the more toner that gets used up in the printing.

Fortunately, a newspaper template gave me a nice look. It was laid out at 11 x 17, but it didn't take much to reposition the elements I wanted to keep for an 8.5 x 11 page. And I think I've figured out how to differentiate between the days.

Huh, you may ask. Well, back in the day, before we went to full color, I chose a different pastel paper for each day's newsletter. But when we went to color, every day gets printed on just white paper. It looks much better, of course, but there's no quick and easy differentiation.

Well, I can do it this year based on the design. What will it look like? You'll have to come to Seattle to find out. And there's only one more day to get a $100 discount on registration.

No comments:

Post a Comment